First off, I'm a non-muslim American. What is it that 'Muslims' want America to be? An Islamic state or
an isolationist state? If the answer is an Islamic state, it sounds as though I would be expected to
convert to Islam.
Whether America becomes an Islamic state or isolationist is not really the issue, we just want America to quit all the many serious wrong things they do which are destroying human society and make America probably the most hated country in the history of the world. I don't think many Muslims would feel you have to convert to Islam to fix the 'problem' of America.
Muslims (and a lot of other people in the world) want America to quit exploiting the world's resources to satisfy their never ending appetite for more and more material pleasures. We want America which has about 5% of the world's population to be satisfied with only 5% of the world's resources (instead of the 40% they now steal from the rest of us). We want America to stop invading other countries. We want America to stop killing hundreds of thousands of innocent people around the world. We want America to stop supporting corrupt and terrorist governments. We want America to stop polluting the world and bringing the planet to the edge of extinction. We want America to stop trying to bully every country to bend to its will. We want America to stop trying to destroy the belief in and practice of traditional Islam by the world's Muslims. And, we want America to stop imposing its sick culture on the rest of the world; their degraded culture which includes drug abuse, alcoholism, pornography, prostitution, adultery, divorce, promiscuity, homosexuality, lack of respect for parents and elders, Godlessness, and capitalistic exploitation.
You asked what we wanted so here is your answer. I suggest that if America will give all of this it will be a very good start and you won't even have to convert to Islam. Additionally, if America was to do all that was suggested terrorism throughout the world would disappear virtually immediately.
Man in Black
1. "We want America which has about 5% of the world's population to be satisfied with only 5% of the world's resources (instead of the 40% they now steal from the rest of us)." I assume you are referring to oil here. If America and it's capitalistic partners (i.e. Western countries) stopped buying oil from "you", how would this effect your economy? And let's suppose America stops any and all aide to you?
Answer – Actually I am referring to virtually all of the world’s various resources where America uses between 20+% to 40% of each. But specifically regarding oil, it would harm your Western economies many times more than it would harm ours if you were to quit buying oil from us so please stop buying it from us as soon as possible. The so-called aid you refer to is like a thief who steals your wallet with thousands of dollars in it and says, “well I will give you five dollars back so you can get a taxi home”, no we would not be impressed by the thief’s so-called act of ‘charity’ and we are not appreciative of your so-called ‘aid’.
2. "We want America to stop killing hundreds of thousands of innocent people around the world." Could you be more specific? Keep in mind, two wrongs don't make a right (at least that's what my mother always told me).
Answer – Well, during the 1990’s till today I would estimate that from American military attacks and the effects of embargos alone the average number of innocent people killed per year would be over 100,000. If we were to include all those who die due to the many and various effects of capitalistic exploitation of people in the world’s developing nations that number who directly and indirectly die from American actions and policies could go up to an average of at least 1,000,000 per year. And what do you mean “two wrongs don’t make a right”, did I say something to elicit such a comment, I don’t think so. I have not supported terrorist action regardless of all the harm caused by America because it is not allowed in Islam to do so.
3. "We want America to stop supporting corrupt and terrorist governments." Which governments are you referring to? I'm sure Israel is at the top of the list, but what others?
Answer – Isn’t Israel enough? But, lets not pretend naivety, I’m sure you can read history and the news as well as I can and must know the actual list of countries with corrupt and terrorist governments (in Central America, Africa, Asia and the Middle East) supported by America because it was in their perceived interests at the time is long indeed. And never forget it was America’s CIA that originally set up, funded, and trained Al’Qaeda when they were used by America to fight a proxy war against the Russians in Afghanistan.
4. "We want America to stop polluting the world and bringing the planet to the edge of extinction." Why not China?
Answer – I thought your mother taught you two wrongs don’t make a right! Besides, the reason China and many other countries in the world are polluting now is to achieve for their people the criminal level of unnecessary material opulence that America has deluded the world into thinking is the only path to success and happiness.
5. "We want America to stop trying to bully every country to bend to its will." And this is not the case with Muslim (Islamic) countries?
Answer – No, it is not the case as Islam does not allow Muslims to bully others for any reason. America has been a bully in the world for as long as it has had the economic and military power to do so.
6. "We want America to stop trying to destroy the belief in and practice of
traditional Islam by the world's Muslims." Could you be more specific?
Answer – The Rand Corporation and Daniel Pipes recommendations, which have become official, well funded American policy is that Islam must be ‘fixed’ and that the only form of Islam acceptable to American interests is ‘secular’ Islam. ‘Secular’, an adjective denoting attitudes, activities, or other things that have no religious or spiritual basis. That surely seems like an attempt to steal our religion from us to me.
7. "We want America to stop imposing its sick culture on the rest of the world; their degraded culture which includes drug abuse, alcoholism, pornography, prostitution, adultery, divorce, promiscuity, homosexuality, etc.." I'm not aware of any culture that does not have many of these problems. I believe most Americans would like to see these problems "corrected". In your view, how does America impose it's culture on the rest of the world?
Answer – You are right many countries do have these same problems, but they did not have these problems until the world’s diverse peoples were corrupted by American cultural imperialism. And, no one has ever enshrined the right to participate in these social perversions under the protection of law and have glorified these degraded social practices so widely and blatantly through the entertainment industry as America.
Actually I would prefer an Islamic America to an isolationist America. I think Islam is exactly what America needs, and Islam is totally consistent with all of the many wonderful values that America was founded upon and which I believe still reside deeply as a desire within the hearts of the American people. We consider the American people to be our dear brothers and sisters, so how could we hate you.
Man in Black